Tour Code: IGT-CAV-17
Duration: 2Days / 1 Night
Price: US$254 per person, departures every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 8:00AM from local hotels in Phong Nha (minimum 2 pax)
SMALL GROUPS – WEEKLY DEPARTURES – BEST JUNGLE & CAVE ADVENTURE IN VIETNAM
Explore the fascinating jungle and cave area of Tu Lan, a one and a half hours drive from Phong Nha Town. With your expert English-speaking guide and also porter team from nearby Tan Hoa minority village, you’ll spend two-days and one-night deep in the jungle, exploring wild caves with underground rivers, waterfalls, awesome cave formations and rare cave pearls.
Our two-day discovery will include about 12 kilometers of trekking and a few hundred meters of swimming through caves. You will also cross the river a couple of times and enjoy swimming in pristine lagoons. It’s the perfect trip for those short on time but still keen to do a real jungle and cave adventure in Vietnam. Spot flying foxes in the early evening as you enjoy a delicious BBQ meal cooked over the fire by your porter team.
You’ll explore the depths of Hung Ton Cave where you must descend a 15m ladder with our safety rope, before jumping in the river and swimming about 100m. Look out for the bats! You will emerge from the cave in the stunning To Mo Valley, which is somewhat hidden from the world as it is surrounded by towering limestone mountains. Kim Cave, found by one of our guests, and Ken Cave are also on the itinerary, showcasing some amazing cave formations.
Safety is absolutely paramount on all trips operated by iGrandtour and you will be provided with helmets, life jackets, headlights and trekking boots (sizes 38 – 46). All camping gear will also be provided and carried by your porter team. The minimum age for this tour is 16 years with no exceptions. All tours are on a join-in basis (we do not accept private tours) with minimum of 2 people to depart. Our group sizes are usually no more than 8 people.
Adventure Level: Moderate-to-High (12km). You should have a decent level of fitness as this is a real adventure!.
Highlights: Primary Forest; Tu Lan Cave, Hung Ton Cave, To Mo Valley, Hang Kim Cave, Swimming in Caves (weather permitting), Ken Waterfall, Overnight in jungle.
Trekking Gear: Helmet, Trekking Boots (sizes 38-46), Headlight, Life Jacket, Hammock, Sleeping Bag.
Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Tu Lan Valley (L,D)
- 08:00 – Pick up from local hotels in Phong Nha and transfer.
- 09:00 – Depart for Tan Hoa Village and drive 70kms through the spectacular Da Deo Mountain Pass.
- 10:30 – Arrive in Tan Hoa Village and trek across peanut and buffalo fields to the Rao Nan River (2.5km)
- 11:00 – Cross-river and climb rocky hill before descending into Hung Ton Valley (1km).
- 11:30 – Arrive at Hung Ton Cave and explore its depths before swimming through the cave to To Mo Valley (200m).
- 12:00 – Lunch in To Mo Valley at the impressive waterfall campsite.
- 13:00 – Swim through Kim Cave to enjoy underground waterfalls and where you can try and spot climbing fish (500m).
- 14:00 – Arrive at Tu Lan Campsite in front of Hang Ken Cave.
- 15:30 – Visit Tu Lan Valley and Tu Lan Wet and Dry Caves (1.5km).
- 17:00 – Arrive back at campsite. Swimming at Hang Ken Waterfall.
- 18:00 – Enjoy a tasty BBQ dinner. Overnight in hammocks.
Day 2: Tu Lan Cave – Hang Ken Cave – Phong Nha (B,L)
- 07:00 – Breakfast
- 08:00 – Explore the impressive Ken Cave and swim in the underground river (200m).
- 09:30 – Trek over the limestone-mountains to Hung Ton Valley, where you will cross the scrub back to the river (4km).
- 12:30 – Cross the Rao Nan River and trek back across the peanut fields to Tan Hoa (2.5km).
- 13:00 – Lunch at local homestay in Tan Hoa Village.
- 14:30 – Pick-up in Tan Hoa and Transfer to Phong Nha.
- 16:00 – Arrive back in Phong Nha and transfer to local hotels.
Tour Includes: Picnic Lunches, BBQ Dinner, Breakfast (Day 2), Entrance & Environment Fees, Trekking & Camping Gear, Tour Guide, Porter, Transport and VAT.
Tour Excludes: Hotel (before/after the tour), Breakfast/Dinner (before/after the tour), Personal Expenses and Insurance.
Price & Reservations: US$254 per person with departures every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8:00AM from local hotels in Phong Nha (minimum 2 pax).